Financial Assistance for Students, Academics, and
IMA Global Headquarter Scholarship and Grant Programs
IMA Global sponsors a variety of scholarship programs to help students offset the high
cost of education. These include:
- CMA Doctoral Scholarship Program is open to all students in both US and international
accredited doctoral accounting program concentrating in management accounting or financial
management. A scholarship program is available to the Doctoral students all year-round.
- IMA Memorial Education Fund and Stuart Cameron and Margaret McLeod Memorial Scholarships
- Rolf S. Jaehnigen Family Scholarship
- IMA's Research Foundation offers a Research Grant Program for doctoral students who are
pursuing research in management accounting and financial management.
These scholarship and award opportunities are available exclusively to IMA Student
members. (Links to details)
Morris-Essex IMA Chapter Financial Programs for College Students
The Morris-Essex Chapter is starting two new financial opportunities this year for
- Morris-Essex IMA Chapter Expense Reimbursement to Attend the IMA Global Student
Leadership Conference. (detailed guidelines)
- Morris-Essex IMA Chapter Academic Year 2016-2017 Scholarship. (detailed guidelines)
The Guidelines, Application Forms, and other material for both of these opportunities
are included in the respective PDF file.
New Jersey Council and Morris-Essex IMA Chapter CMA Award
The New Jersey Council in cooperation with
the local chapters has established a $200 CMA certification award. This award is given to
one member of the chapter who obtains the CMA certificate during the current year
June through May. Selection of the member and distribution to the Morris-Essex member is
the responsibility of the Morris-Essex chapter. To be in the running for the award from
this chapter, please stay in touch with Morris-Essex Board members and other chapter
members and let them know you are interested. Good Luck and good studying for the exam.
The Rules for the Award are as follows:
- The member must pass his final exam part during the current year (June through May). The
chapter can give the award to any member meeting this criterion and can use their own
criteria for further selection. The member receives up to $200 to be controlled by the
chapter. Award dollars can be used for annual dues, chapter meetings, IMA sponsored
- The chapter is to file a report to the council at the end of the following year showing
the distribution of the funds. The member will have 2 years to use the funds. Any unused
funds are to be returned to the council.
- The chapter must be active in promoting the CMA certification. Having a note on the
chapter web site fulfills the promotion part of the requirement. However, the chapter
should also be reaching out to its membership on a continuous basis. Reaching members can
be done through the chapter meetings, President's messages, and inclusion in any
promotional material that the chapter may distribute.
If there is only limited activity from the chapter, then the council can withhold the